Acute TNBS Model
Epistem provides a 2, 4, 6-trinitrobenzene sulphonic acid (TNBS)-mediated model of acute colitis. Like the DSS IBD model, this chemically-induced acute TNBS model exhibits components of the innate and adaptive immune system. This model is most responsive to locally-acting steroids.
Acute TNBS Model Description
Colitis is induced by a TNBS enema. This model typically runs for 4 days. Colitis results from impaired epithelial barrier function and sensitisation to luminal antigens. The model is characterised by acute weight loss, initial diarrhoea, stenosis and stool compaction. Colitis is focused within the mid and distal large bowel.
- Large bowel histopathology
- Large bowel weight : length ratio
- Immunohistochemistry and immunofluorescence
- Weight loss
- FACS analysis of inflammatory cell response
- Multiplex analysis of serum and tissue cytokines
- Protein expression
- Gene expression